Welcome to My Blog!

I invite you to read my blog for a glimpse into my everyday life, as I reflect on my past and look forward to my future.

Saturday 21 May 2011

The May Long Weekend!

Well, here it is... the May Long Weekend!  The official start to summer in Canada.  I am so happy that it is finally here.  After this winter, it is welcomed with open arms.  And what a beautiful start to it too!  Today was gorgeous.  The sky was cloudy off and on, but the temperature was awesome.  It must have reached 27 degrees Celsius out here at our place.  On the news, the official temperature in Edmonton was 25.  Last year for the May Long Weekend, it was snowing and the high temperature was 6 degrees.  If that was to be repeated this year, I think I would have just cried.

Too bad I did not spend any time outside today.  I did go out on the deck for about 5 minutes this early afternoon but that was the extent of my time outside.  I had grandiose plans to be outside today and do a lot of dirt digging, but my best laid plans were sidelined by this lovely cold I have.  It just does not want to be rid of me.  I was feeling better yesterday, but today I felt very weighed down by it again.  It seems I have one good day, then a bad one.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  It sure is hanging on though.  It is really in my chest.  When I breathe, I can feel and hear gurgling.  My lungs are full of "stuff" and when I cough, I bring a lot of that stuff up.  Today, my sinuses were really acting up too, I felt like I was constantly blowing my nose.  And to top it all off, a nose bleed!  I don't remember the last time I had a nose bleed.

Maybe I will sleep better tonight.  I was interrupted so many times last night.  The first time was when Clarence came to bed.  He is sick with this cold too, so when he came to bed there was coughing and nose blowing and whatever else.  By the time he finally settled down and got quiet, the phone rang - yes, at 2:42 in the morning!  It was our eldest calling for directions.  You see, he decided to take a trip to Saskatchewan.  His buddy wanted to go to Saskatoon to meet up with his girlfriend, so Jonny thought why not take a trip to the farm in the Yorkton area.  Well, they left late and got there late.  He hasn't been to the farm for a number of years and so was a little directionally challenged when he got there.  Of course, he had to call home to get some reassurance (no matter what the time).  Oh well, anything for the kids, right?  After settling from that, my love had to get up once again to hack and sneeze and blow his nose, etc., etc., etc.  Then, just before 9:00 a.m., my lovely mother-in-law called to let us know she was going to church.  I should have got up to start my day then, but I just did not have the energy.  I fell back to sleep and did not wake up until 11:12 a.m. and by then I had to get up because my back was aching from being in bed for so long.

And so continued my day (at a very slow pace).  I did manage to get dishes washed and the kitchen tidied up, but I had no energy to cook (which I rarely do even when I do feel well).  Thank goodness for leftovers and the microwave.  I feel like I have completely wasted a beautiful day.  I hope tomorrow will be more productive, but just as beautiful.  Please!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are feeling sick. BLECH!! I don't miss the 'stuff' in my lungs (isn't that what all great Alberta colds are made of?)...time for antibiotics maybe??

    ReplyDelete