Welcome to My Blog!

I invite you to read my blog for a glimpse into my everyday life, as I reflect on my past and look forward to my future.

Saturday 19 March 2011

My First Blog Post!

What is it about a cleaned and organized fridge that makes a woman smile?  That just seemed to make my day today!  I wasn't thrilled about having to do it especially since I had no choice in the matter.  You see, I had a chicken thawing in there and it leaked all over the place.  I thought it was in a sealed bag, but that was not the case.  My hubby got the chicken from a customer who is a Hutterite.  I guess they don't like to freeze their chickens in sealed bags.  Nevertheless, I got the mess cleaned up and got rid of a few other things that have been in the fridge too long and it didn't even take that long.  I felt like a million bucks when it was done!  Someday I should clean my oven.  I am sure that would make me ecstatic!

Ha!  What a thing to write about in my first blog post!  At least I had something to write about.  When I first thought about doing a blog, I thought, "What will I write?"  I really was worried about that.  So, I looked at a few others.  I am always reading the blog of a friend who moved from Canada to the United Arab Emirates a couple of years ago.  But she has lots to write about.  She is about to have her third baby, she has two little ones running around the house giving her all sorts of events to blog about, and she is always meeting new people.  She lives in a country that couldn't be more different in customs and traditions than Canada.  She always has great things to blog about.  When I thought about my life, it seemed so dull and uneventful compared to hers.  However, I changed my mind when I looked about the net at some others.  I thought that if they could do it, so could I.

When I mentioned that I was going to start a blog to my 20 year old son, he said,  "Blogs are just for people who like to complain."  Well, there may be a lot of people who use their blogs for just that purpose but I also saw many who are just writing about the everyday events of their lives as an outlet for their creative abilities as well.  "So," I thought, "Why not?"  I can be creative (sometimes).  Or, at least I can give it a good try.  I think that as long as I stay away from the topics of politics and religion, I won't have anything to complain about.  Oh ya, and my husband.  I will have to stay away from that topic too if I don't want to sound too grumbly (that is my attempt at sounding funny).

This is me posing gracefully for the camera last summer!

So, there is my first blog post!  I could have written about all the things I did today but it was mainly just cleaning.  Today is Saturday, the day I spend at home by myself to try and get the house in order from the week before.  I am sure you do not want to know about the details of cleaning toilets or taking the garbage out.  The fridge trifle was bad enough.  Hopefully, I will have some more eventful days ahead so please check back!  Ta ta for now!!

3 comments:

  1. I love it Donna! Congratulations on your blog. I will be adding it to my bookmarks.

    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting!! I'll be following you.

    ReplyDelete