Welcome to My Blog!

I invite you to read my blog for a glimpse into my everyday life, as I reflect on my past and look forward to my future.

Thursday 31 March 2011

In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb!

Today is the last day of March 2011 and what a beautiful day it was!  Gorgeous sunshine and warm temperatures.  The last I heard, the temperature was 8 degrees Celsius, but I haven't heard what the official high was.  Nevertheless, a great deal of snow melted and evaporated away today.  I could not believe the difference in the amount of snow on the ground when I got home tonight.  We could actually walk on the stones of our sidewalk and we drove on the gravel of our driveway for the first time in months.  And what a difference a month makes!  On the first day of this month, the maximum temperature was -21 degrees Celsius and it had started out at -31.  This winter has certainly tested our perseverance and temperaments.

I am extremely ecstatic that Spring has arrived, but I am also aware that not everyone shares my sentiments.  Although I look so forward to the green grass and blossoming flowers, there are many who dread it.  I am talking about all those poor allergy sufferers out there.  I truly am sorry for their anguish.  I do understand how it feels as I have been afflicted with misery and misfortune all winter long.  I believe I am allergic to the long, dark, cold days of winter and have been tormented by this allergy since November.  I don't mean to be making fun of anyone.  I really feel this way.  Winter is such a terrible suffrage for me.  I really shouldn't live in this part of the world.  I truly hope that sometime in my future, I will be able to go somewhere a little more comfortable for me in the winter.  I love the Spring season and I am so thankful it is here...  at last!

1 comment:

  1. Abu Dhabi is always looking for teachers and there is no cold to be found.
    Maybe your husband could sell gear for camel- riding or sand- boarding...

    ReplyDelete