Welcome to My Blog!

I invite you to read my blog for a glimpse into my everyday life, as I reflect on my past and look forward to my future.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Happy Birthday and Happy Memories


            Twenty-one years ago today, I gave birth for the first time.  I remember it being such a surreal experience.  It was so new and happened so quickly (thank God).  And suddenly I had this delicate little creature to look after.  He was so perfect and I thought how lucky I was to have such a beautiful little boy.  And I have felt that way everyday since because that sweet little baby boy turned into quite the young man.

             He hasn’t made his mark on the world yet, but that is because he is still working on it.  He is a smart young man who is taking his steps into the world carefully.  He is still finding out what it is all about.  He has a good head on his shoulders and puts it to good use.  On top of it all, he is sensitive and thoughtful and still likes to cuddle with his Mom.

            Those twenty-one years seem to have flown by quickly, but how could they have?  A lot of hard work and dedication had to go into creating such a fine young man.  And it did.  As memories of his childhood and adolescence come back to me, it seems that the time did not fly by and that on occasion it stood still.  But, every memory brings a smile to my face.  I loved being that little boy’s mom and I still do! 

            It occurred to me this morning that we are both having “milestone” birthdays this year.  His is his twenty-first, making him a legal adult in pretty much the whole world.  Wow, I have an adult son.  And his whole life is opening up to him like a book without words, waiting for the writer’s quill.  Mine is my fiftieth, my midlife birthday.  A time to reflect on what has past and to look forward to what has yet to come with a little more wisdom and a whole lot of great memories to look back upon.  And, of course, with some learned lessons to make sure the road ahead is a little less bumpy.

            Happy Birthday, Jonathon Aaron!  Your momma loves you! 

1 comment:

  1. the years fly by...the minutes and hours sometimes seem to last forever!
    best wishes toy you both!

    ReplyDelete